NATURAL FILLERS | Chin fillers, Cheek fillers, Lip fillers, Facial fillers
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT
How is it done?
Natural fillers can be injected. Commonly via needle or a micro-cannula, which reduces pain and bruising.
What to expect?
In some cases, there is minor swelling and bruising which resolves with time.
Natural fillers | NOSE FILLERS:
Nose fillers, to enhance your nose bridge, tip and body. For the perkier, sharper you. Non surgically, with minimal pain, downtime and bruising. Results are instant. Nose fillers can be used to correct a flat nose bridge, a down pointing nose tip, and a dorsal hump, all common in Asians. It cannot be used to make a nose smaller. To do so visually, there are options. In the grand scheme of things, it is important for the nose to harmonise with the rest of your facial features. Keeping things natural, simple and beautiful.
( To learn more about the difference between surgical vs non surgical rhinoplasty, please click here)
Who are Suitable patients?
What are Possible Results To Expect?
- Smoothen the nose profile
- Raise the nose bridge
- Lift the nose tip
Results of the Nose Threadlift generally last 12 to 18 months. Number of threads vary and depend on your nasal profile.
What is the benefit of nose threadlift over nose fillers?
- No risk of blindness and skin necrosis
- Lasts longer compared to fillers
- Give you a natural looking, sharp and straight nose profile without the risk of the nose bridge widening
So is it better to do a rhinoplasty, Nose Filler or Nose Threadlift?
- This depends very much on your aim and existing nose profile.
- For general nose contouring in a straight nose, threadlift is the choice.
- For noses with volume deficits for example a dorsal hump, fillers are required.
- For an obvious and 3D look, combination of threadlift and filler gives the best results.
- For a long term results, go for surgical rhinoplasty, though there is downtime.
Why do I have no or minimal results post nose threadlift?
- Nose Threads used were the incorrect quality, commonly too thin, lacking cogs, not firm enough etc, hence creating a firming but minimal lifting effect.
- Nose Threads quantity was not enough or technique of placement of Nose Threads was not optimum.
- Need for Nose fillers to augment certain areas on your nose.
Bottomline: Not all threads are equal. The quality of threads used is important.
Can men undergo Nose Threadlift?
Nose Threadlift is commonly used for nose augmentation in men these days. As males tend to have larger noses with dorsal humps, fillers may be required, and more threads too , compared to an average female.
How many sessions do most people need to achieve a good result?
For most patients, one session is required. For the minority who desire very obvious results, top ups may be needed. For optimum results, a repeat treatment at 6 to 12 months is highly recommended.
What are the side effects?
- Injection marks which will heal with proper care.
- Risk of infection, hence it is important to do the procedure in a medical clinic under sterile technique.
- Soreness of the nose.
*Please note: As this is a medical procedure, results may vary from individual to individual. Hence it is best to seek a consultation with your physician to understand the treatment further.
Above is an example of nose fillers done to correct the sunken nose bridge, a common issue in Asians.
Natural fillers | CHIN FILLERS:
With a well defined midline, your chin and nose will harmonise and bring out the best in you. Here’s a look at the Finger Trap Test.
Natural fillers | CHEEK FILLERS
Perky cheeks are a sign of youth. As we age, the cheeks go first, flattening, descending, leading to the formation of the dreaded laugh lines. Creating the model- like cheeks, similar to cheek implants gives one a forever young look. Apple cheeks are important to frame a face, and rejuvenate your look.
Natural fillers | LAUGH LINES
Laugh lines occur due to sagginess and descent of the midface. The cheek fat gravitates downwards, and causes the sunken look. Hence the key is to lift, reposition and restore your midface volume FIRST. Overfilling of the laugh lines results in a stiff and un-natural look.
MARIONETTE LINES / PUPPET LINES
Marionette lines or puppy lines form as a result of ageing and photodamage, causing collagen loss and subsequent saggy skin.
Natural fillers | TEMPLE FILLERS
Temple volume loss is common in women. 3 key take home messages.
- Ageing causes temple wasting.
- Vigorous aerobic exercises exacerbates this.
- Temple fillers help to lift the face and project the corner of the eyebrows.
Natural fillers | KISSABLE LIPS
Beautiful, well balanced, natural, Asian lips
What is an attractive pair of lips?
- Lip fillers can be used to add volume, definition and character to a face.
- Asian lips and the concept of asian beauty differs with caucasians.
- Every face is unique and will respond differently.
Some people don’t mind if their lips are swollen and obviously ‘done’. Others prefer a natural look. As the area around the lips are highly vascular, you may see bruises from the injection, although this risk is reduced in experienced hands.
Post lip filler aftercare principles:
- Aftercare is important.
- Ice after the injection, 5x a day, 5min each time, for 5 days or more after the injection to decrease swelling.
- I also recommend arnica as studies show they improve healing and recovery post injection.
Natural fillers | DARK EYE CIRCLES
Above is the anatomy of the tear trough (undereye).
A: the orbicularis oculi muscle
B: Fat pad
C: the tear trough, which is formed by an underlying tear trough ligament
So what are dark eye circles?
It’s largely 2 issues, the discolouration and the puffiness.
Dark eye circles (discolouration) form as a result of vascular changes, shadowing, and pigments.
- Vacular changes – which can be purple, blue, pink depending on the oxygenation in the blood
- Shadowing – which is a direct result of ageing, where the skin develops fines lines and wrinkles and sags, and you lose volume in the cheeks
- Pigments – which is the stimulation of your melanin cells, commonly as a result of sun exposure.
Korean Love-band, Charm-roll – Aegyo Sal
The Aegyo sal or silkworm is a lovely cute roll just under the eye, not to be mistaken with eyebags which occupy a lower position and are lesss perky. This look, when carried off well, gives one a sweet, charming smile.
- Bigger, brighter eyes
- Sweetness to your smile
- Cute, charming, youthful fullness
Is there any downtime?
A small risk of bruising, like in every injection that you have.
Would it make my eyes look puffy or create dark eye circles?
Puffiness and dark eye circles are multi-factorial.
Common reasons include
- Lifestyle (sleep debt, stress)
- Genetic ( hereditary or history of allergies)
For more information on this, do refer to my article on dark eye circles.
Am I suitable?
Generally, from an aesthetic point of view, patients with skin laxity or bulging eyebags will not be ideal candidates for the charm-roll procedure.
So I hope this has been informative. You now know the difference between a charm roll and a simple eyebag. So be bold and beautiful!
To learn more about:
ALL Aesthetic treatments, do click here Ultimate Guide to Korean Medical Aesthetics.
Threadlifts, pls click here Facelift, V-Lift.
Dermal fillers, pls click here ABCs to Dermal Fillers.
Pigments and pigmentation in skin. Please click here PIGMENTS