REJURAN -antiageing treatment
What is the skin rejuvenation. antiageing craze in Korea?
Here is the background of this antiageing wave. A skin rejuvenation treatment took Korea by storm more than a year ago.
Korean celebrities are flocking to clinics to have this treatment on a regular basis. Korean women in their 30’s~50’s are so into REJURAN HEALER that we have to discuss it here today.
What is ‘REJURAN HEALER’ antiageing filler and how does it work?
- It is a Polyneucleotide filler, or loosely put, a DNA filler. Polynucleotides are known to assist with wound healing.
- REJURAN HEALER delivers DNA extracts ( polyneucleotides) into your skin. This repairs damaged dermal cells and keeps your skin healthy. In 7 days from the initial injection, you can feel your skin smoother. You notice enhanced firmness after 4 weeks.
- It gradually improves the general appearance and condition of your skin. It keeps your skin young and healthy. This is something that other fillers cannot do. This injection is recommended as an antiaging treatment.
What is the difference between Rejuran, skinboosters and botox treatments?
- REJURAN HEALER: Antiageing property triggering skin repair of damaged skin dermal cells, keeping your skin young and healthy
- SKIN BOTOX: softening wrinkles
- HYALURONIC ACID based SKINBOOSTERS: Keeps dermis moisturized for longer time. Hence hydration.
What are the benefits of Rejuran healer?
It is derived from Salmon fish germ cell extract. It can help in the following?
- Protecting skin cells and improving skin tone and elasticity – smoother, firmer skin
- Skin brightening effect
- Antiageing property – Repairing damaged dermal cells, keeping your skin young and healthy
Can Rejuran be combined with other treatments?
Due to its superior safety & stability, Rejuran Filler can be combined with other treatments. It can also be used alone to bring natural revitalization of the skin.
How is it done?
- Numbing cream is applied.
- Microinjector machine is used to deposit tiny amounts under the skin.
What can I expect after treatment and what are the side effects?
- Immediately after the injections, the skin at the injection site may swell up; but this will go away in about 1 or 2 days. Injection marks are temporary.
- Mild redness
- MILD swelling
- In minority of cases, small risk of bruising.
After a week
- Brighter skin tone
- Colour and clarity improved
After 1 month
- Pore reduction
- Better oil and water balance. Reduced sebum.
- Improved overall skin condition
After 1 complete cycle
- Texture improved through neo-collagenesis, resulting in smoother skin
- Recovers faster from inflammation, pimples
- Skin looks noticeably healthier, brighter, and firmer
So what is the clinical evidence for Rejuran for antiageing and skin rejuvenation?
We know that fillers are not only for volumising, they also have a role in skin hydration and rejuvenation.
Kim et al 2014 conducted a study on 150 patients with skinboosters. This demonstrated efficacy in skin hydration, thickness and texture.
Park, Kui Young, et al 2016  conducted a study on skin rejuvenation with Rejuran. This demonstrated efficacy and no serious side effects found.
Pak, Chang Sik, et al 2014 conducted a clinical trial and animal study comparing Rejuran to a Hyaluronic acid based filler.
From the above
There is a role for hyaluronic acid skinboosters and polyneucleotide fillers in skin rejuvenation. Existing studies are a handful primarily because these treatments are relatively new. The studies are of a smaller scale, and of lower quality. Hence larger and more robust clinical trials are required to better evaluate the safety and efficacy of such treatments, especially so for the polyneucleotide filler.
 Kim, Jongseo. “Effects of injection depth and volume of stabilized hyaluronic acid in human dermis on skin texture, hydration, and thickness.” Archives of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 20.2 (2014): 97-103.
 Park, Kui Young, et al. “Long‐chain polynucleotide filler for skin rejuvenation: efficacy and complications in five patients.” Dermatologic therapy 29.1 (2016): 37-40
 Pak, Chang Sik, et al. “A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Matched-Pairs, Active-Controlled Clinical Trial and Preclinical Animal Study to Compare the Durability, Efficacy and Safety between Polynucleotide Filler and Hyaluronic Acid Filler in the Correction of Crow’s Feet: A.” Journal of Korean medical science 29.Suppl 3 (2014): S201-S209.
SKINBOOSTERS | 水光针
– RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS
– TEOSYAL SKINBOOSTERS
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SKINBOOSTERS AND OTHER DERMAL FILLERS？
Skinboosters is a special type of ultra soft Hyaluronic acid filler that works through locking in moisture. Other dermal fillers work through volumising volume defects.
How is the skinbooster treatment done?
A handpiece will introduce the skinbooster directly into your skin via tiny microneedles.
What to expect after skinboosters?
Post treatment, erythema is normal. This resolves spontaneously.
What are the benefits of skinboosters?
- Tiny droplets of hyaluronic acid just under your skin, to lock in the moisture.
- Stimulate collagen.
- Brightening and whitening your skin.
Pls note, everyone WILL BENEFIT from hydrated skin.
What are the results of skinboosters?
Dewy, radiant, glowing skin. Combination therapy yields optimum results.
Laser, Light, Peel
How is it done?
Via a microneedle injector to deposit the hyaluronic acid filler directly into your skin.
WHAT DOES REDENSITY 1 CONTAIN?
- 8 amino acids, 3 antioxidants, 2 minerals,
- hydrating hyaluronic acid,
- 1 vitamin.
- These high-quality ingredients are all naturally present in the skin, which makes Redensity I an extremely pure and natural product.
A European multi-centre study showed
- 67% improvement in Skin Radiance
- 69% improvement in Hydration
- 83% improvement of Fine lines and Wrinkles
- 1 month after the 3 sessions of Redensity 1
- Crosslinked – greater longevity
- improvement in fine lines and wrinkles
- Glowing, smoother skin
ANTIAGEING – Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Disclaimer: This section is mainly for education. Please note PRP is not offered in Singapore.
Antiageing has always been a premium and a privilege. With advances in medical science, we have seen newer, safer and more effective techniques. No doubt, regenerative medicine and anti ageing medicine are still new and not HSA approved. Yet no one can disagree that the results have been both exciting and promising.
An effective treatment for hair loss, scars and wounds and anti- ageing is an enormous thing. Staying young and natural never goes out of trend. On the subject of regenerative and anti ageing medicine, in part 1 today, we will discuss PRP.
What is PRP?
Platelet rich plasma (PRP), is plasma rich in growth factors (PRGF), platelet concentrate (PC). It is an increased concentration of your body’s own platelets derived after centrifugation. It is rich in growth factors essential for skin recovery and healing.
Who can benefit from PRP?
- Burns – First and second degree
- Superficial injuries, cuts, and surgical wounds, ulcers and scars
- Hair loss disorders – PRP wakes up dormant hair follicles and stimulates new hair growth
- Anti ageing, rejuvenation – PRP injections can treat fine lines, photodamage and pigmentation, giving you a healthier, brighter glow
- Acute musculo-skeletal injuries
Is PRP safe?
PRP is derived from your own body and poses no danger of allergy, hypersensitivity or foreign-body reactions. Complications are rare and may include infection.
Who is unsuitable for PRP?
- Coagulation disorders – Low platelet count ,Hypofibrinogenaemia or using anticoagulation therapy (warfarin, dabigatran, heparin)
- Sepsis (infection)
- Chronic liver disease
Whats the clinical evidence to support PRP use in regenerative medicine?
Available data are based on multiple case studies conducted in numerous countries. These studies have demonstrated:
- Improvement in skin texture, tone and tightness within 21 days with ongoing growth
- Areas commonly treated using the PRP for rejuvenation include face and post-pregnancy stretch marks.
- We await randomised controlled trials to prove the efficacy of this treatment.
The future of regenerative and antiageing medicine continues to be promising. Stay tuned for subsequent articles on this rapidly growing field.
Pietro Gentile, Simone Garcovich, Alessandra Bielli, Maria Giovanna Scioli, Augusto Orlandi, Valerio Cervelli (2015). “The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma in Hair Regrowth: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial” (PDF). STEM CELLS TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE.
DR DANIEL CHANG
MBBS(S’pore) MRCS (UK) MSc (UK)
OUR WORK ENABLES US TO HELP PEOPLE OVERCOME THE ODDS TO LOOK AND FEEL THEIR VERY BEST, AND WE ARE MOST THANKFUL FOR THAT.
We know it’s always a challenge to find someone you can trust. We know and we CARE. We know no one is perfect and we have our shortcomings. But, we are dedicated to doing our BEST for you. We are here for you, here to EMPOWER and journey with you on your Aesthetic dream. TRANSFORM your solitary fantasies into a million realities. Fulfil the highest, truest, purest expression of yourself. Making ASIA, more beautiful, one face at a time.
Dr DANIEL CHANG | MASTERCLASS TRAINER | CATHOLIC | KICKASS MENTOR |
To learn more about:
Threadlifts, pls click here Facelift, V-Lift.
Dermal fillers, pls click here ABCs to Dermal Fillers.
Pigmentation, pls click here Pigmentation.
Acne, pls click here. Acne.