BOTOX / DYSPORT
What is it commonly used for?
Jaw reduction / Jaw slimming
How does jaw slimming/ reduction work?
Muscle relaxant is injected in tiny amounts to shrink your bulky chewing muscles. A squarish jaw line can be treated with DYSPORT, BOTOX® to shrink your chewing muscles (masseters) and create a slimmer v- jawline.
Who is suitable for jaw slimming / reduction?
Anyone with bulky jaw muscles.
What are the benefits of treatment?
- Reduces night grinding / bruxism
- Slims your jawline
- A more contoured, scuplted look
Where on the face is botox commonly used?
For your Wrinkles in the upper face – forehead, frown lines, crow’s feet.
In special cases: for Brow lifting, to enhance a refreshed, brighter look. Ageing leads to low-set brows which often makes one look dull and tired.
How does Botox work?
Botox works by reducing muscle activity. This has the benefit of wrinkle softening, headache reduction, and when used in stronger doses, the control of excess sweating and muscle shaping.
How long does botox last?
On average, depending on the dose, site and muscle activity, botox can last 3 – 6 months.
How much does botox cost?
What are the side effects of botox over the forehead?
Common: Swelling and bruising ( temporary)
Less common: Headaches
Does Botox ruin your face?
When used in the right doses at just the right areas, botox helps you look refreshed, and still as natural. When you stop botox treatments, your face just returns to its original look. Your face will not look worse than before.
What is Botox skin treatment?
Skin botox is a form of microbotox, where low doses are injected superficially into your dermis to induce a skin tightening, pore tightening and oil reducing effect.
In specific areas and doses, dermalift can be performed where the microbotox induces skin remodelling and collagenesis.
What is Botox used for on the face?
Upper face – To reduce your forehead (railroad lines), frown lines, crowsfeet,
Mid face – To reduce your bunny lines, lip lines
Lower face – For your square jaw reduction. To smoothen lines over your chin (mentalis)
Others: To alleviate Tension headaches + Night grinding
What is botox used for in other parts of the body?
1. Neck botox – reduce neck lines, platysmal bands
2. Shoulder botox – To reduce broad square trapezius muscles
3. Armpit botox – to reduce excess sweating – hyperhydrosis
4. Calf botox– To reduce bulky calves
What is Botulinum toxin / botox/ dysport? ( Feelfree to refer to my FAQ page for further information)
Botulinum solution is a clear fluid that relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. It is utilized to soften forehead and frown lines, even brow lines, lines on the nose, smile lines (crow’s feet) around the eye. It can likewise lift the eyebrows. It can be utilized as a part of the lower face by a specialist injector to lift the edges of the mouth, smooth chin dimpling, lessen lines around the mouth and as a dermalift procedure to tighten and lift saggy skin.
What is Dermalift?
Dermalift involves injecting botulinum protein into the superficial layers of the skin, which utilises a refined, micro technique that demonstrates facial firming, slimming and lifting. Using careful vectoring, instead of relaxing the area, it achieves skin tightening and contraction.
1) Stimulates and re-orders the fibroblasts of your skin cells to bind more elastin and collagen, hence creating an instant firming, tightening and slimming effect
2) It also has a collagen stimulating effect, hence a sustained firming result over time.
What are the results of Dermalift?
- Slimming of your face
- Firming of your skin
What is microbotox?
Micro Botox is an advanced injection technique to tighten pores and minimise oily skin to achieve smoother finish to your skin
Where is it injected?
Depending on your skin condition, MicroBotox is usually injected in the T-zone area, through the entire face, in the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin area.
What is Dysport/ BOTOX?
- BOTOX® / DYSPORT is approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults.
- The safety and efficacy of Dysport have been evaluated in clinical trials as well as in peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
- Dysport contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum.
- Botulinum solution is a clear fluid that relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. It is utilized to soften forehead and frown lines, even brow lines, lines on the nose, smile lines (crow’s feet) around the eye. It can likewise lift the eyebrows. It can be utilized as a part of the lower face by a specialist injector as a Dermalift procedure to tighten and lift saggy skin.
How does DYSPORT/ botulinum toxin work?
- DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic targets MUSCLES causing frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years.
- Your specialist will inject these muscles with DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Will Dysport/ BOTOX® Cosmetic make me look unnatural?
- BOTOX®Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment.
- You should not have a FROZEN look when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- It is important to talk to your specialist about the results you want from treatment.
Does DYSPORT/ BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment hurt?
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX®Cosmetic feels like a pinch. Your specialist may use ice to numb the treatment area.
- If you are concerned about discomfort, your specialist may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
What were common side effects seen in clinical studies?
- 3% of patients experienced eyelid drooping in the frown lines studies and
- 1% of patients experienced eyelid swelling in the crow’s feet studies.
- Other possible side effects include: headache, especially in first time patients.
How long does the treatment take?
- Your specialist will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatments for you.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes.
What is the average treatment cost?
- Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist administering your treatment.
- Dysport is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with.
When will I see results?
You may begin to notice results within 72 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
How many injections will I receive?
- For the crow’s feet area, your specialist will inject 3 areas of the orbicularis oculi, the muscle that frames the side of the eye.
- For the frown lines area, your specialist will administer 3 injections into muscles in your forehead—1 in the procerus muscle and 2 in the corrugator muscles.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
- After your treatment, you can resume your day. There is minimal downtime and your specialist may give you specific aftercare instructions.
Do men receive DYSPORT/ BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
- DYSPORT/ BOTOX®Cosmetic has also been clinically evaluated in male patients.
- In clinical studies for moderate to severe frown lines, 17.5% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic were men. In the clinical studies for moderate to severe crow’s feet, male patients comprised approximately 10% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 10% of all cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2014 were on men—that is more than 1 million cosmetic procedures. The number of cosmetic procedures for men increased by 273% from 1997 to 2014.
How often does DYSPORT/ Botox need to be done?
- The effects of Botox are somewhat cumulative.
- Initially it may be for every 3 to 4 months, but gradually, this extends to 5 to 6 months.
- Botox is still the gold standard for treating frown lines.
What is the difference between Botox and Fillers?
- Botox (or Dysport) treatment is used to relax overactive muscles and soften lines.
- They are commonly performed in the jaw muscles, forehead, between the brows, and for crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Results last between 3-6 months.
- Fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal, Elravie, Radiesse, Sculptra, Ellanse) are used to refill and enhance your facial features, replacing lost volume, and filling deeper folds.
- Fillers are most often used in the nose, chin, cheeks, laugh lines, temples, lips.
- Results last between 6-12 months (for Juvederm/Restylane/Elravie/Teosyal/Radiesse) and 1-2 years (Sculptra, Ellanse).
How do I know if I am suitable for botox?
- First question is to confirm that your lines/wrinkles appear on movement and not at rest.
- Botox works well for dynamic / movement lines, and effects last for 3 months and will not worsen your forehead lines after it wears out. It is safe with no permanent side effects and has been used in medicine for headaches and teeth grinding.
- It is a good treatment to prevent wrinkles from worsening and is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed worldwide.