How to achieve beautiful skin?
- What is the secret to clear and brilliant skin?
- A lot of people do not have a good skincare regime. Hence they unfortunately suffer the aftermath. Honestly, it’s really very simple, just follow 3 basic skin care steps.
- 1) Sun protection 2) Cleansing and exfoliating 3) Antioxidants
Basic skin rejuvenation for younger more radiant skin
- Using a 1064nm medical grade laser, it penetrates into the dermis and stimulates new collagen and collagen remodelling. This works to tighten your pores and reveals younger, glowing skin.
- Fractional non ablative laser works to exfoliate dead skin, stimulate collagen and works towards achieving that clear, healthy radiant skin.
What are pores?
- Pores are the openings to your oil ducts. They enlarge with ageing, and with material distending the pores (eg, cosmetics, dirt, excess oil, dead cells).
How do we treat them?
- The 1064 lasers work to build collagen and tighten these pores.
What are fine lines and wrinkles?
- These are the result of ageing, be it photoageing or biological ageing through the loss of elastin and collagen.
APTP ( advance pigmentation treatment program)
– Treatment of pigmentation depends on the underlying cause and your skin condition.
– See a doctor who practises the use of medical grade skincare products and cosmeceuticals, +/- the careful combination of peels and lasers .
What are common pigmentary woes in the Asian skin?
- This is a common issue with Asian skin. It is multifactorial, with a strong genetic and hormonal predisposition. It is worsened with sun exposure, oral contraceptive pills and pregnancy. It tends to be distributed either over the cheeks or centrally over the forehead, perioral and chin.
- Options for treatment include sun protection, topical agents, +/- the careful use of laser toning
- These are spots that commonly appear with sun exposure. They form due to pigment accumulating in the skin cells (keratinocytes) and are commonly distributed on the cheeks and nose .
- Treatment options include avoiding the sun, judicious use of sun protection, and following a good skin whitening regime, +/- the careful use of laser therapy.
- Solar Lentigines
- These are discrete lesions which progress with age. They form due to localised proliferation of melanocytes.
- Prevention is the key with good sun protection and sun avoidance. They may be lightened with whitening creams and pigment lasers.
How do we treat freckles, age spots, melasma and post inflammatory pigmentation?
- The treatment for pigmentation include strict sun protection with sunscreen, lightening creams, exfoliation and the careful use of lasers.
- Sunscreen –Apply a broad-spectrum oil-free sunscreen, SPF 15-30 (depending on your skin type) and wear a broad-brimmed hat when outdoors.
- Lightening creams – these inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase and lightens the post inflammatory pigmentation
- Superficial chemical peels containing glycolic acid to exfoliate the skin and reveal younger more radiant you.
See a doctor to educate you on basic skincare regimes, and customise the use of medical grade cosmeceuticals coupled with careful combination of treatments to help you improve the appearance of your pigmentary woes and give you the skin that you deserve.
What is acne?
Acne is an inflammatory process affecting hair follicle and sebaceous gland, in which there is blockage of the pore.
Who gets acne?
Everyone, but more prevalent in adolescents and young adults,
What causes acne?
Acne is due to a combination of factors. 3 common substances can clog your pores. And they are sebum, dead cells and cosmeceuticals.
- Lifestyle ( diet, stress, cosmetics)
How do we manage acne?
- Stress, puberty and age can play a part in the deterioration of your skin.
- Treatment is individualised according to severity
- Acne can be managed with sun protection, medication (topical and oral), lasers and light systems, and intralesional steroids (for selected cases).